Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Hello and Welcome!
Hello and Welcome!
Storybook is a small group daycare with a home-like, learning-focused environment for children ages 2-5. We provide a loving, comforting, and close-knit atmosphere for your child to learn and grow.
We offer various possibilities for scheduling:
- Mornings 930am-1230pm which includes lessons and lunch.
- Half days 730 am- 1230pm which includes breakfast, lessons and lunch.
- Full days 730am -530pm which includes breakfast, lessons, lunch and an afternoon snack.
Storybook has a Toddler First Steps class for ages 2-3, as well as a cognitive-based Preschool Building Blocks class for ages 4-5, which provides materials and opportunities to converse, socialize, work, play, and negotiate with others. The classrooms are devised to encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving.
Our learning environments include:
- Building blocks of various sizes and materials
- Materials and time for dramatic, imaginative play
- Manipulative table toys
- Art materials and tools to inspire creative exploration
- Sensory play materials, including sand and water
- Several well-stocked library areas
- Music and movement activities and exercises
- Cooking experiences
- Computer exploration
- Outdoor and gross motor play
- A comfortable quiet area for the child who needs to be alone
- Daily lessons which include foundations of math, science, social studies, creative art, language arts, music, movement, and dramatic play with age-appropriate educational concepts
Activities, experiences, and teacher-child interactions are constantly being measured and evaluated in terms of the following programs goals:
Development of a positive self-concept
- Respect for the individuality and rights of others
- Positive ways of interacting with both peers and adult
- Acceptance and healthy expression of both positive and negative feelings
- Growth of independence and self-sufficiency
- Growth of creative thinking and problem solving
- Cognitive growth and development
- Emergent literacy development
- Small and large muscle development